Final report from the EMERG Workshop on Cost Accounting Methodologies, Vienna, July 2013
The final report from the EMERG Workshop on Cost Accounting Methodologies, held in Vienna, Austria, 3-4 July 2013, is now available here [EMERG CN(13)03]. It shall be submitted to the next CN and to the EMERG Plenary Assembly 2014, to take note and to approve.
Released final report on EMERG Number Portability workshop
The Number Portability workshop was held in Istanbul on 11-12 September 2013 provided a good platform to exchange views and ideas over the NP implementation of the countries in the region. Key factors on this subject, as well as drawbacks, obstacles, challenges and lessons learned when implementing were evaluated in detail.
Meeting participants were of the opinion that main challenging area for NP implementation
are establishing good cooperation and collaborative work among operators and NRAs,
establishment and financing central database system, abuse and failures in porting
process (delays, unsuccessful port, abuse in porting, slamming etc.) and difficulty in
decreasing the porting times to 1 day or minutes. Participating NRAs noted the future issues for NP as follows:
• Adoption and/or optimisation of centralised solution,
• Decreasing time limits (porting times, downtimes etc.) within the porting process,
• Improving the number porting process for smooth and reliable operation,
• Well functioning of the coordination within the all stakeholders,
• Modification of the existing system to adopt changing environment (NGN, IP based
• Implementation of fixed to mobile number portability,
• Enhancing number portability to M2M services.